Your Time is NOW – 2019 Medicare Annual Election Period
The Medicare Annual Election Period has begun!
Between now and December 7, 2018, you have the chance to review and, if needed, change your Medicare coverage. It’s a great opportunity to go over the details of your insurance plan.
You can change your coverage options and costs and you can find a new doctor or medical group. It’s all about finding the best value for money.
At DaVita Medical Group, we are happy to help you understand the process and make the best choices for your needs. Here’s what you need to know:
First, make sure you know the main differences between Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage.
- Original Medicare is also known as Medicare Part A and B.
- Original Medicare does not limit your out-of-pocket costs. The more care you need, the more you may need to pay.
- Original Medicare does not include prescription coverage. Instead, you need to add a Medicare Prescription Drug plan (Part D).
- Medicare Advantage Plans place a yearly limit on your out-of-pocket costs for covered services. After you reach the limit, you pay nothing for covered services.
- Medicare Advantage Plans may include additional options and coverages such as prescription plans, vision, hearing, and dental care all in one single plan. You should be aware that some additional coverage may come with additional premium costs.
- Medicare Advantage Plans usually mean that you have to choose a specific medical group or primary care physician for your needs. You get access to the full range of health care providers who participate in the plan’s network. They may also offer out-of-network coverage with higher out-of-pocket costs.
- Medicare Advantage plans typically have higher consumer ratings.
Second, find out which medical group has the best options for you. If you’re considering Medicare Advantage, ask yourself:
- Does the provider have locations that are convenient for you?
- Are you comfortable with the group’s selection of primary care providers, specialists, and other health professionals?
- Does the group offer additional services and care programs that help you stay active and healthy?
Third, you are not on your own. There are many valuable sources of information to help you make the best choice.
- Visit CMS.gov and Medicare.gov for more information about Medicare. You can also call 1-800-Medicare
- DaVita Medical Group can connect you to a licensed insurance agent who can help you understand your options. Call us at 866.475.7309 (TTY: 711) to get started!
- Come to an information session at DaVita Medical Group. We’re offering no-cost Medicare Benefits and Enrollment sessions at many of our locations. You can easily find a time and place that works for you.
Now is the time for you to take advantage of this window of opportunity. We are happy to help you choose what’s best for you.